Over the last couple of nights I’ve been verifying the respective individual circuits of Rallylog before I get down to developing the application. Test Results so far: 3.3 V PASS 5V Enable PASS RFID FAIL (Fixed) LCD PASS LCD Back Light PASS RTC TODO SD Card FAIL (Fixed) SD Card Detect PASS Buttons PASS LEDS … Continue reading RallyLog Testing Progress
Today I did some testing on the RF side of things, nothing scientific, just walking around the house seeing if it would dropout or report bad checksums, I’m happy to reports all is working as expected (using the 915Mhz RFM12B module) The tests are done by using the RFM12B Example sketch found in the JeeLab … Continue reading Preliminary RF Tests
Today I got a chance to do some testing on the boards. State of play so far: Checked for shorts on power - OK Did a board level continuity test – everything as per schematic. Power at the correct levels and at the right places. Found that my USBASP programmer needs sw2 set and now … Continue reading It Lives!!!
Convert POV file into Eagle3D .inc file In the new POV file that was created by the plug-in now needs to be saved as a *.inc in the same directory as Eagle3D component include files this is usually called EAgle3D\pov Next we need to delete all the information not needed and will cause conflicts with … Continue reading Step 2
Here's are some initial non scientific test results of the prototype. Sidenote: I had some fun testing these outside at night, everytime a car drove past I triggered the strobe, instant brake lights, hehe (The use of speed cameras are notorious here in Western Australia). The Unit, both the master and slave are identical, personality … Continue reading Tests
Prototype Specs: PIC16F88 running on internal 8MHz Clock - low cost and very popular, free development tools available, i.e. C compiler. Works in unlicensed 915MHz ISM Band(Australia/US), can work at 433Mhz by changing RF module(US/EU/Australia). RF uses FSK Modulation - Less prone to interference sources. All aspects of the RF module is configurable via the … Continue reading Prototype
I started testing last night after finishing initial motor and wheel sensor hookups to my development board. Couple of minor issues so far. Issues I'm using a pic based board from Modtronics. These are great and reasonably priced, along with the prototyping daughterboard. However I have since found that the onboard RS232 is not on … Continue reading BuzzBot – Initial Testing
Now that the Motor Drive Controller has been worked out, (but yet untested) I needed to make up some encoders for the Left and right Wheels. After a bit of research I found an excellent program for creating encoders and quickly made two and have just glued them to the inside of the wheels for … Continue reading Buzzbot – Wheel Encoders